- A trip and fall was reported at this location and became the item of a lawsuit for the Hotel.
- Quick resolution was needed to reduce the trip hazard of the outdated ADA ramps, stalls and approaches
Solution suggested by P3:
- We talked with the customer to get an understanding of what would satisfy the terms of the lawsuit, and for the safety of future visitors to the hotel.
- We suggested stall upgrades, concrete removal to replace with proper slopes, and a hand rail to protect the walkway to the new stalls for all visitors to the hotel.
Results of repairs completed by P3:
- We did a transit survey of the areas to make sure we were addressing all of the slopes that needed to be corrected.
- We made a set of plans and submitted them for review of the attorney involved in the lawsuit.
- Once approved, we removed all of the concrete and some of the asphalt to prepare for all new transitions.
- We then poured new concrete, and after letting it cure for 3 days we paved the new asphalt transitions.
- We then installed the new Custom make stainless steel hand rail and all the new striping and handicap signage that is now up to current codes.